We are looking for inspirational, empowering leaders to help us fulfill our mission of having a Second Saturday divorce workshop within driving distance for everyone in America. That person may be you!
Thank you for your interest in starting a Second Saturday Divorce Workshop.
Take a look at the Criteria and FAQs, below.
The FAQs appear in both text and video formats.
If you like what you see and are interested in exploring the Second Saturday Divorce Workshop opportunity further, fill out the contact form and we'll be happy to contact you to talk more about fees and other specific information.
What is Considered in Evaluating Second Saturday Divorce Workshop Leader Eligibility?
- Must be actively working as a licensed or credentialed professional for a minimum of three years. Preference is given to those bearing divorce-related designations from their professions, such as Family Law Legal Specialist designation for attorneys, or Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA) designation for financial professionals.
- If in financial services, must be in compliance with regulatory requirements of the SEC, state securities regulators in states where they do business, and self-regulatory bodies. If in another profession, must be in good standing with the regulatory bodies for that profession. We carefully review the regulatory and complaint history for each applicant.
- Must be in good standing with the standards of the firm with which they are affiliated.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony.
In addition, in determining whether a professional is authentically committed to supporting people through divorce, the following criteria are also considered:
- The advisor’s education and professional designations
- Educational programs and events provided for clients
- The advisor’s record of community service
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. The Second Saturday Divorce Workshop Story
Second Saturday Divorce Workshops are a nationally renowned seminar series that helps women (and some men) navigate what could be the loneliest, most frightening, challenging time in their lives.
The workshop originated in San Diego in 1989 and has since helped over 10,000 individuals navigate divorce, raising over $350,000 for the San Diego community. In 2014 we began rolling Second Saturday out nationally, with a goal of reaching every individual in our country needing help.
2. What is Second Saturday?
Second Saturday is a critically acclaimed, tried, true and trusted divorce workshop, offering legal, emotional and financial information in a compassionate, unbiased way, to people in any stage of untying the knot.
The workshop was founded in 1989 by expert financial professionals Candace Bahr and Ginita Wall, the nation’s leading advocates and thought leaders on behalf of female financial literacy, and it has helped over 10,000 women and has raised upwards of $350,000 for the San Diego community.
Candace and Ginita also founded WIFE.org, the nation’s longest running non-profit devoted to female financial literacy. For their dedication, Candace and Ginita have been awarded as KPBS Heroes and honored as part of National Women’s History Month, 2013.
At Second Saturday, attendees are provided with information by fully vetted industry professionals, who volunteer their time.
3. Second Saturday Deliverables
Second Saturday is a comprehensive workshop program that is tried, true and trusted, with a 26-year track record of success. As leaders, you are in front of people who greatly need your assistance – right then, in the trenches, and potentially going forward.
We offer extensive materials and ongoing support that will allow you to present a successful workshop. These include but are not limited to:
- Access to our Second Saturday Leader Portal, which contains presentation and marketing information, everything from the entire presentation to template flyers, press releases, evaluation and sign up forms, tip sheets and follow-up copy
- Leader participation in live practice management calls that cover topics from “Filling the workshop seats” to “Following up with attendees,” “Vetting your other speakers” and “Leveraging the halo effect of WIFE.org“
- One-on-one Q and A with Second Saturday team members
- SecondSaturday.com content and videos
- National logos from many womens’ and industry publications where WIFE.org and/or Second Saturday have been featured
- Becoming part of a an amazing, passionate community of high-integrity like-minded professionals, all working together to help others and help each other
- Leveraging the halo effect of WIFE.org: from the attendees to the media, everyone appreciates and wants to spread the word about the amazing community service work that you are doing through your workshop.
- Leaders are part of the Second Saturday national legacy that was started over a quarter century ago. We are fully committed to supporting you in every way we can, to continue the Second Saturday legacy in communities across the country. Second Saturday is a “win” for everyone!
4. Leader Eligibility
Our commitment to continuing the WIFE.org and Second Saturday legacy ensures that only the highest integrity individuals lead our workshops. Our vetting process includes:
- Confirming that leaders are in good community and professional standing and have no lingering past issues within their profession,
- Confirming that leaders are authentically passionate about helping others.
- Many of our leaders do incredible volunteer work, are high performers in their industry, and have a focus or credentials in divorce and are dedicated to making a difference in some way. As a result, our network of leaders is a virtual brain trust of compassionate, collaborative individuals who understand that when we help and support each other, our personal and professional lives unfold in remarkable ways.
5. How Are Second Saturday Locations Determined?
Our 500-workshop goal will ensure that there is a Second Saturday within a one-hour driving distance of everyone who needs help. And, decades of knowing what works allows us to collaborate with you in determining a geographical location that will be successful for you. Our location software also provides valuable demographic information, which we share with you as your location boundaries are created.
Physical location parameters:
- Zip-code based with a range of socio-economic populations,
- Population range is generally at least 350,000 and can be higher, depending on other economic factors within the population. Zip codes within a location's boundaries must be contiguous.
- Some location boundaries are already pre-determined based on demand. We will accommodate your needs as best we can given the needs of the population you serve.
- Marketing Location Parameters
- You must hold your workshop within your location boundaries
- You may not market using “consumer-facing” materials outside of your boundaries – i.e., flyers, brochures, banners
- You may engage speakers from outside your location boundaries
- You may do media outreach outside of your location boundaries
- You may use the internet to market outside of your boundaries
We also know, embrace and support the fact that attendees will come to your workshop from other locations and vice-versa. We encourage you to work with your neighboring workshops to spread the word. This is not mandatory, but there is definite strength in numbers!
6. Compliance Issues for Financial Professionals
We have Second Saturday leaders from most investment broker-dealers, and we have had very few challenges with compliance departments. That is because the financial portion of the presentation is basic information relating to financial aspects of divorce and has nothing at all to do with investing or buying or selling any product, which would be unacceptable within the Second Saturday program.
We are happy to provide potential leaders with a copy of the financial presentation “The Twelve Financial Pitfalls “ to share with their compliance departments, and also introduce you to other Second Saturday leaders from the same BD or others.