Los Angeles Second Saturday Divorce Workshop
Second Saturday Greater Los Angeles is the only Second Saturday in Los Angeles County who’s leader is an attorney – and not just any attorney, but a Family Law Attorney with 40 years experience who is Certified as a Specialist in Family Law by the California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization. She is donating her time to assist Second Saturday Greater Los Angeles attendees with general information on legal issues surrounding divorce at no charge. Please join us to receive valuable information.
Announcing a new format, new handouts and all new programs for 2020!
Thank you all for your feedback in the prior years. In response to your suggestions we will have a new format, new handouts and an all new presentation for our 2020 workshops.
We will continue to hold meetings for women twice a month, once on the second Saturday and once on the fourth Sunday. We are now also holding meetings just for men on the first Sunday of the month, with the idea to expand to a second monthly meeting on the third weekend, if there is sufficient interest. All meetings are under a safe-space, all-inclusive pollicy, non-judgmental policy. All meetings will continue to be from 2 pm to 5 pm.
The Saturday workshops will be guided by an experienced divorce attorney who has been Certified as a Specialist in Family Law by the California State Bar, Board of Legal Specialization and will focus on the most requested legal issues related to divorce. Each Saturday workshop will include an address on a previously requested legal topic as well as legal topics of general interest, brought by the attendees of the day. Upcoming Saturday addresses are: Legal Considerations At The Beginning. Should you move out? When to file? Before move-out checklist. Before filing checklist. What happens after filing? How do you survive until the next step. What You Need To Know About Attorneys. Do you need one? How to interview/hire one? Reasonable expectations. How to save money when working with an attorney. Things You Should Know About the Legal Process (but might not be told). Where to file your case. How to find out about your Judge. What you can do if you don’t like your Judge. Public Record – what not to attach to documents you file. How to follow your case on the web. What the Judge and Court System expects of you. Court Rules and how to follow them. Out of Court Settlement. Are you a candidate. Options on how to settle your case without going to Court – Mediation, Arbitration, Private Judging, Collaborative Process. Procedures. Costs. Yikes! Don’t Do That – Common Mistakes to Avoid …. More Saturday topics to come. Your requests and suggestions are welcome.
Our Sunday workshops will feature a new presentations by our Certified Financial Planner our family therapist and our divorce attorney, including one entitled: “The Three Divorces: The Emotional Divorce, the Financial Divorce and The Legal Divorce.”
We have also set goals to accomplish in 2020:
1. We are working to compile a binder of resources from our attendees and our professionals. If you have worked with someone you would recommend to others, let us know.
2. In our fourth year, we are now happy to have many Second Saturday Graduates, who have completed their divorce. We are working to set up a Second Saturday Angel program where those who have completed their process can be an Angel to our Second Saturday Family who are still in process. If you are a “graduate” and wish to be an Angel, please let us know.
3. We have recently started a program of Second Saturday Advocates. These are members of our group who have volunteered t go with other members to their Court hearings, to offer support and comfort.
4. We have partnered with a no charge support group that is currently meeting on as virtual group.
Our Second Saturday Family has developed and grown over the past four years. To those who have grown with us: Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. To those who are considering joining our Second Saturday Family: We welcome you with open arms. We will work hard to continue to learn how we can best be of service to our community. We look forward to a 2020 of personal progress. Hope to see you soon.
* Stairs only access. Please call if you require special access.
** If you need assistance between workshops, please call/text Karin at (310) 498-3585.